The Perfect Match for LOG's Barrier Bottles
In addition to barrier bottles, LOG offers innovative active components as part of a complete packaging solution.
Standard desiccant solutions, which include canisters or sachets, are commonly placed loose inside bottles. This has the following drawbacks:
- Desiccants might fall out and not be returned to the bottle
- Desiccants could be swallowed by mistake
- Desiccants are in direct contact with the tablets, which might cause the tablets to dry out, possibly chip, break or disintegrate.
LOG's View the ActiveGuard™ Product Video Clip
solves all of these challenges. The ActiveGuard™ is placed inside the neck of LOG's specially designed Barrier Bottles and is locked into place to prevent it from moving in any direction. The ActiveGuard™ is prefilled with moisture desiccants and/or oxygen absorbers according to customer requirements.
The maximal amount of desiccant contained in the ActiveGuard™ is 2 grams for the 33mm neck finish and 4 grams for the 38mm neck finish.
Benefits - Patient Centricity:
Benefits - Health Improvement:
- Scavengers cannot fall out of the packaging and doesn't need to be returned
- Scavengers cannot be swallowed by mistake
- The ActiveGuard™ controls the release of tablets
Benefits - Packaging Optimization:
- Contrary to closures with embedded desiccant chambers, the ActiveGuard™ allows the use of an induction heat seal liner providing tamper evidence and a hermetic seal during shelf life
- The ActiveGuard™ can be prefilled with desiccants and/or oxygen absorbers according to customer requirements
- Desiccant does not come in direct contact with the tablets, avoiding possible damage
- Positioned in previously unused bottle space
- Does not reduce valuable tablet space
- Reduces head space
- Positioning of the ActiveGuard™ can be validated easily
Placed firmly in the neck of the bottle
LOG's ActiveClosure™ is filled with the required desiccant type and quantity according to the customer's specifications.
In comparison to standard desiccant sachets or canisters, ActiveClosure™ has the following advantages:
- The desiccant is not in direct contact with the drug, which allows an equal distribution of its effect
- The head space is reduced
- The desiccant cannot fall out during use
- There is no possibility of accidently swallowing the desiccant